Tuesday, April 22, 2014

        One pretty spot, please!
So many parts of my home are piled up (we'll not discuss that today) or in disorder or disrepair, but I long for at least one pretty spot! It took making a new bookcase for the hallway and a bit of determination with a pinch of creativity to prepare this niche in my entryway.

 Just about every candle I have found a place on this unfinished shelf. In the corner you see my collection of my husband's roses that I've dried, as I will the newest bloom in the white vase. Why throw them out? They can last a long time just by turning them upside down for a few days when they lose their brightest hue and perky posture.
The roses have faded, but they still beautify and brighten my corner, warming my heart.
Do you have a pretty spot that you've fought to create?

No comments:

Post a Comment