Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Informed Consent

I always intended to write about the books I read, so today I'll make my intention a reality. Informed Consent by Sandra Glahn was a featured freebie on Amazon, and liking the description of a Christian medical story I sent it to my kindle reader. This week I read it.

The downside to reading the classics is that it spoils you for modern literature. Jane Austen and Charles Dickens have way with words and a vocabulary for expressing thought that are hard to rival. Somehow you know things and picture scenes, but by inference. Avoiding the boring format of telling each part in just the order it happenetd,hn the reader is engaged and called upon to do their own thinking. Modern writers tend to spoon feed all the thoughts and conclusions.

That being said, I found Informed Consent to be rather well written, allowing me to get engrossed in the story line. While not a lengthy book, Glahn manages to develop her characters and explore some sticky ethical and social issues. Some readers may not enjoy the medical jargon, but the targeted audience will lap it up. Taking some unexpected turns, the climax had me staying up late at night. All in all I'm glad I read this ebook, and as it is not preachy, I'd recommend the story. If you read it. I'd love to know what you think.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment