Friday, March 28, 2014

Grace: Finding My Pathway

Isaiah 48:17 I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.

So often I find myself overwhelmed and feeling that I'm behind on everything, and never able to accomplish the things on my to do list. How do I deal with such and such in my marriage? What should I do about those issues with my kids? What about he ministry work? Am I doing enough in home school? Am I trying to do too much? When will my house ever be clean?!

And then Jesus softly whispers his promise, "I will lead you in the way you should go." If I can just be still for a moment and set my face heavenward, I can hear him. My sister, my brother, his Grace is enough, and not just enough; it is abounding, overflowing, and extravagant.

The Lord is teaching me to fall back on him, to rest in  his strength, trust in his goodness. Suddenly I see how I've offended my husband, and an apology paves the way to peace. I realize that my kids need some more attention and some fun times with me, and things start to settle down. If I let some of the ladies share in the class, then I don't have to do it all alone. As I take time with the girls and listen to them,  my eyes are opened to how much they are learning and where they are struggling. Clean houses are over-rated...

Yes, Lord, "You make known to me the path of life." Psalm 16:11


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment