About Me

My photo


Come sit a spell at my Tree Pickings blog or visit the mainpage tree pickings.blogspot.com to get to know the family.

Welcome to my piece of the net! My blog is how I hope to keep in touch with my family, our friends, and the wonderful folks who take an interest in us. I'll share my musings on our family, our ministry, "Arbol de Vida" ("Tree of Life"), as well as from my copious readings of many genres.

I live in Torreon, Mexico since December 2008. I'm an avid reader and knitter, enjoy sewing, and have gotten my share of compliments on my cooking. My husband Chuy and I love challenging each other to a game of Scrabble and my daughters enjoy me reading aloud to them (well, two out of three, do).


Friday, March 28, 2014

Grace: Finding My Pathway

Isaiah 48:17 I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.

So often I find myself overwhelmed and feeling that I'm behind on everything, and never able to accomplish the things on my to do list. How do I deal with such and such in my marriage? What should I do about those issues with my kids? What about he ministry work? Am I doing enough in home school? Am I trying to do too much? When will my house ever be clean?!

And then Jesus softly whispers his promise, "I will lead you in the way you should go." If I can just be still for a moment and set my face heavenward, I can hear him. My sister, my brother, his Grace is enough, and not just enough; it is abounding, overflowing, and extravagant.

The Lord is teaching me to fall back on him, to rest in  his strength, trust in his goodness. Suddenly I see how I've offended my husband, and an apology paves the way to peace. I realize that my kids need some more attention and some fun times with me, and things start to settle down. If I let some of the ladies share in the class, then I don't have to do it all alone. As I take time with the girls and listen to them,  my eyes are opened to how much they are learning and where they are struggling. Clean houses are over-rated...

Yes, Lord, "You make known to me the path of life." Psalm 16:11


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment