Friday, August 9, 2013

The Lion Roars

Ever feel like your world is crashing down all around you? Everything you had confidence in, everyone you thought you could trust gave way beneath your weight when you most needed the support?

This morning I came across a passage that really struck me as I read the Scriptures:


Hosea 10:13-14
...Because you have trusted in your own way
and in the multitude of your warriors,
14 therefore the tumult of war shall arise among your people,
and all your fortresses shall be destroyed...

Could this be how God explains those mysteries of life, those unexpected tumults in our life? Perhaps He is showing us that we have put our trust in fortresses and warriors who are not the Lord Almighty. Listen to the charge He brings and the consequences that come (Hosea 11:5b):

...they have refused to return to me.
6 The sword shall rage against their cities,
consume the bars of their gates,
and devour them because of their own counsels.
My people are bent on turning away from me,

But His lovingkindness  trumps all else, inviting us to take our counsel from the Omniscient and trust in the Omnipotent:

My heart recoils within me;
my compassion grows warm and tender.
I will not execute my burning anger;
I will not again destroy Ephraim;
for I am God and not a man,
the Holy One in your midst,
and I will not come in wrath.
10 They shall go after the Lord;
he will roar like a lion;
when he roars,
Remember Aslan?
his children shall come trembling from the west;
11 they shall come trembling like birds from Egypt,
and like doves from the land of Assyria,
and I will return them to their homes, declares the Lord.
 
Our Father's heart is to return us home, the place where trust is rightly placed, where safety is real. His heart is home. Though you tremble, come!  The lion roars. 





No comments:

Post a Comment