Monday, May 30, 2011

God is my Reality

Sunday evenings we total our local income. Last night's count set our emotions running wild with fear and anxiety clamoring, "What are you going to do? Look, you have the rent to pay! It's so hot and you still don't have the swamp cooler! Rebeca's surgery! Chuy's tooth! Food! Gas! This! That! " But I told my heart, "Now YOU look at truth. I know in whom I have believed." For our emotions and our fears are not reality. God is my reality.

             He is my father who knows that I need these things. Jesus told me so. He loves me. He delights in caring for me. Chuy delights in providing for his daughters. " Mat 7:11  So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who keep on asking him!
He does not look on my sin and failure, for Christ is my righteousness. Col. 1:30 Christ Jesus, who for us has become wisdom from God, as well as our righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. I recall the words Dallas Holms sang, "And although there were times I've stepped out of His will, I've never been out of His care." Father sees my love for Him, my devotion, dedication, and decisions to trust in Him alone. I am convinced that shame is of the enemy and not an instrument of God for disciplining His children.
He is Almighty God, my Creator, worker of wonders for whom meeting my needs is a small matter. So I look out my patio door to the bit of sky I can see and say, "O Lord God, maker of Heaven and Earth, provide the rent for this house and come meet my needs!"
             Oh, how my feelings rail, but my choice is to believe, to trust, to rely wholeheartedly on Father, the God who loves me. I choose to recount His faithfulness. I lean on Him. I seek His face. He will come.
          I do not know what you may be facing, but I pray that in His wisdom and grace, the Lord will us our ongoing story to encourage you and lead you to the One who strengthens you.

P.S. Last night after writing the notes for this post, Grace was getting ready to take her cousin home and caught Chuy's rapturous expression after kissing my hand. "All you think about is your woman!" Thank Heaven for precious children who bring joy in the midst of trial!


          A few minutes later, while struggling with her shoes, she cried, "Wait for me; don't leave me alone!" Do you think I will? "No." Then don't say it. Could God be saying that to me? 

Click here for the sequel to this situation. 

1 comment:

  1. "Could God be saying that to me?"

    Reactions: Well, He is a good Papa...

    ReplyDelete