About Me

My photo


Come sit a spell at my Tree Pickings blog or visit the mainpage tree pickings.blogspot.com to get to know the family.

Welcome to my piece of the net! My blog is how I hope to keep in touch with my family, our friends, and the wonderful folks who take an interest in us. I'll share my musings on our family, our ministry, "Arbol de Vida" ("Tree of Life"), as well as from my copious readings of many genres.

I live in Torreon, Mexico since December 2008. I'm an avid reader and knitter, enjoy sewing, and have gotten my share of compliments on my cooking. My husband Chuy and I love challenging each other to a game of Scrabble and my daughters enjoy me reading aloud to them (well, two out of three, do).


Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Hug From God

After turning down the wrong street by mistake and with fifty cents in my pocket and two backpacks in my hand, I ask the girl at the garage sale, "How much for these?"

"Ummm.... Oh.... twenty-five cents each."

Two people are going to be really happy with them!! One is my husband, who bikes all over the city bringing provisions for our family, as well as visiting our church members, paying bills and just biking for good health. As for the other man, I am pleased to be able to replace the pink pack he carries riding a motorcycle to work!

Kind of like a hug from God, "I'm taking care of you, and I know what you need. Don't worry; just lean on me."

No comments:

Post a Comment