Sunday, March 29, 2015

Taught by a Bug

I don't usually look for divine revelation in a bug. Actually, I don't think I ever have. But just the same, today a mosquito brought a deep truth home to me.

On my bedroom wall, close to the ceiling, I saw the shadow of what appeared to be a huge insect, more like a dragonfly than the mosquito flying around the light bulb. 

That's when it hit me.

Even the smallest things cast a large shadow when they fly close to the light.

So little me can bless the world in a big way if I fly close to Jesus, the light of the world.

Thank you, Mr. Mosquito. [But that won't keep me from slapping your blood-sucking fellow creatures when they come buzzing around. Sorry.]

1 comment:

  1. I've learned a lot about the kingdom from bugs.

    You probably have no idea how hard it is to offend a honeybee.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete