About Me

My photo


Come sit a spell at my Tree Pickings blog or visit the mainpage tree pickings.blogspot.com to get to know the family.

Welcome to my piece of the net! My blog is how I hope to keep in touch with my family, our friends, and the wonderful folks who take an interest in us. I'll share my musings on our family, our ministry, "Arbol de Vida" ("Tree of Life"), as well as from my copious readings of many genres.

I live in Torreon, Mexico since December 2008. I'm an avid reader and knitter, enjoy sewing, and have gotten my share of compliments on my cooking. My husband Chuy and I love challenging each other to a game of Scrabble and my daughters enjoy me reading aloud to them (well, two out of three, do).


Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Promise for Times of Trouble

About a week ago I took my kindle with me on my walk to a nearby plaza so I could read some Scripture and commune with the Lord under his big, beautiful blue sky. My heart was heavy that day, and I felt Psalms was the right thing for it. Seemingly, I stumbled across these blessed words:

The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:9-10 ESV

 I repeated to myself over and over again, "Those who know your name put their trust in you. You have not forsaken those who seek you." You know what? I found relief from my burden. Hope came. Joy.

I just wanted to share this verse to bless someone who needs this promise from the Lord
.  Perhaps I may not know for a long time, and then again it may be yet tonight, but I believe there is a person who needs to know they are not forsaken, but that he or she has a stronghold for this time of need. If you are that someone, will you please let me know?

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I indeed feel very oppressed today... I need to go to my stronghold and share what's on my heart.

    Thank you for posting - the Lord does not forsake us.

    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W -- I'm so happy the Lord called you to Him by my little post. I pray you will be uplifted and know that He is Victorious.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life! Thank you for sharing from your heart & from God's promises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be blessed, Naomi! You are never alone.

    ReplyDelete